In the last several years, PIH has seen record numbers of applicants to our program. Last year (July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013), we served 367 people in 139 households, including 146 Partners and 221 homeless children - the highest number of people served in our 22-year history!
We provided these families almost 70,000 services, including:
At PIH, our goal is not just to relieve a temporary crisis, but to create long-term transformational change in the lives of the homeless families we serve. So, just how successful is our Homeless Self-Sufficiency Program at changing lives?
- 58,006 Housing Nights
- 2,096 Direct Casework Hours
- 8,882 Life Skills Hours (some in collaboration with other non-profits)
- 658 Budget Counseling Sessions
Well, we're thrilled to announce that last year - through a lot of hard work by Partners and dedicated support from PIH staff - our Partners achieved record levels of success on EVERY outcome! During the year we had 69 Partners leave the program sometime after completing their introductory period (90 days), with some families staying up to two years. Of these Partners,
- 78% moved to stable, long-term housing (vs. 65%*)
- 71% Improved their income (vs. 54%)
- 59% improved their employment situation (vs. 52%)
- 55% improved their formal education (vs. 43%)
- 77% improved their overall self-sufficiency (vs. 67%)
- 93% improved at least one of these outcomes!
*Success rates on outcomes the previous fiscal year, July 1, 2011 - June 30, 2012.
One of the reasons our Partners have been so successful is our new one-year program structure, which began in April 2012. The shorter program time frame helps Partners stay focused and motivated, while giving them hope that they can overcome barriers and transition to self-sufficiency in a relatively short time.
To hear more about how this program has changed lives, please see our Testimonials page, or read some of our Partner Stories!