How Your Donations Are Used
Donated furniture cannot be overly bulky or heavy. The majority of our families are headed by single mothers, so furniture that is compact and can be easily moved is the goal. Families are able to keep the furniture they receive after they graduate our program. All furniture donations must be pre-approved by our Resource Associate, Jenni. Please send photos to email@example.com or (720) 403-0107.
- Mattresses, Box Springs, and Bed Frames- no rips, tears, or stains
- Small Kitchen tables and chairs
- Nightstands and side tables
- Upholstered Chairs
- Home Décor – Wall Hangings, Picture Frames, Mirrors, and more
- Clothing (All Sizes)
- New Kitchen appliances (new and in the box)
- Baby Furniture
- Full-Sized Hygiene Items (Shampoo, Toothbrushes, Deodorant, etc.)
- Non-Perishable Food
- Microwave Safe Dishware
- Cleaning Items (Lysol Wipes, Dishsoap, Laundry Detergent, etc.
Before You Donate, Please Note: We Do Not Accept the Following Items
- We do not accept used corded items and new items must be unopened and in the original packaging
- Open cleaning supplies
- Flammable or corrosive chemicals
- Car seats (booster seats are okay)
- All Medical Equipment except for like-new walkers, wheelchairs, and crutches
- Any and all medications
- Candles/candle holders
Not the right fit
- King sized mattresses, box springs, and bed frames (Like-new are accepted)
- Mattresses with rips, tears, or stains
- Bunk beds
- Outdoor furniture and equipment
- Ping-pong and pool tables
- Dining tables over 6 feet
- Large entertainment centers
- Commercial size printers and copiers
- China cabinets
- Bookshelves wider than 3 feet and taller than 5 feet
- Wrap-around desks
- Exercise equipment
Drop Off Donations at Our Donation Center
Tuesdays from 9:00am-12:00pm
450 Gold Pass Heights, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Furniture Drop-Off Hours
If you are interested in donating your furniture, please send pictures of your items to our Resource Associate, Jenni, by texting (720) 403-0107 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approved, Jenni will coordinate a drop off time frame during business hours.
Drop Off Food Donations at Colorado House
We do not accept donations of any other kind at the Colorado House & Resource Center.
Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-6:00pm
21 S Wahsatch Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Fresh food such as milk, cheese, meat, vegetables, fruit, and bread
- Snacks for children in the Child Enrichment Center
- Frozen food such as meats, snacks, vegetables, and more
- Non-perishables such as soups, beans, pastas, sauces, and more
To see an expanded list of our food needs, Click Here.
If you are unable to drop off donations during this time, please reach out to our Resource Associate for further information at email@example.com or (719) 325-5845
You can purchase our highest priority items online from our Amazon Wishlist and have them sent directly to us!
Connect your Amazon Smile with Partners in Housing today to support families while you shop!