Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Partners in Housing!
Volunteers must be 14 years or older (14-16 must be accompanied by an adult) and those volunteers that work directly with our families in crisis must pass a background check.
Volunteers are an important part of PIH, providing vital services in almost every aspect of our mission.
Volunteer opportunities can be once a month or once a week depending on your interest and schedule.
- Teaching life skills classes at 21 South Wahsatch (M-F daytime and evening hours)
- Kitchen Assistants (Evenings Tuesday, Wednesday, and some Thursdays)
- Help sort & organize donated items in the donation room (daytime M-F)
- Perform maintenance on housing/landscapes (daytime M-F)
- Clerical services and phone calling (daytime M-F)
- Furniture pick-ups and delivery (M-F daytime and evening hours)
- Child Enrichment Center (M-F daytime and evening hours)
- Colorado House food pantry at 21 South Wahsatch: sorting organizing, labeling (M-F daytime hours)
- Provide budget counseling at 21 South Wahsatch (M-F daytime and evening hours)
- Assist in job readiness program at 21 South Wahsatch: resume building, job coaching, mock interviews (M-F daytime and evening hours)
- Kids tutor/reading to kids at 21 South Wahsatch (M-F daytime and evening hours)
If you enjoy going to thrift and discount stores, we could use your help procuring and delivering These Items to us.
When completing your application, please affix your full legal birth name and social security number so we can run a background check.
Please send your completed volunteer application to Jillian Birchmeier (firstname.lastname@example.org), Volunteer Coordinator, Partners in Housing, 455 Gold Pass Heights, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. You can reach Jillian directly at (719) 325-5845.