Download our Business & Organization Volunteer Program Profile to find out how your business, organization or group can help Partners in Housing
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Partners in Housing!
Volunteers must be 14 years or older (14-16 must be accompanied by an adult) and those volunteers that work directly with our homeless partner clients must pass a background check.
In FY 2014-2015, PIH had 252 volunteers giving more than 5,000 hours! Volunteers are an important part of PIH, providing vital services in almost every aspect of our mission. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Teaching life skills classes & budgeting (5-8 pm M-F)
- Providing childcare during workshops (5-8 pm M-F)
- Help sort and organize donated items in the Turn Around Room (daytime M-F)
- Perform maintenance on housing/landscapes (daytime M-F)
- Clerical services and phone calling (daytime M-F)
- Furniture pick-ups and delivery (daytime M-F)
- Kids tutor / reading to the kids (5-8 pm M-F)
- Colorado House food pantry (M-F)
If you enjoy going to thrift and discount stores, we could use your help procuring and delivering These Items to us.
When completing your application, please indicate your full legal name so that we can run a background check without incurring additional costs due to not being able to find your name.
Please send your completed volunteer application to Dianne Reitan, Development Manager, Partners in Housing, 455 Gold Pass Heights, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. You can reach Dianne directly at (719) 325-5830.